Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Family Tradition, Decorate Gingerbread Houses

One of the traditions that we do with the kids every Christmas, is decorate gingerbread houses.  This year, they made Santa's village.  This is one of their favorite things to do at Christmas.  So when I  unveiled the village gingerbread kit, they were ready to get started.  The village had tons of building for my son and lots of decorating for my daughter.  I always have a gingerbread kit every year and Christmas music playing in the background.  I know that this is one tradition that they will remember.  I know I will!
Want to do this on a budget, no problem.  If you pick one up now, they are on sale.  I never pay full price, too expensive.  This kit I picked up a Target last year after Christmas.  The kits hold up with no problems.  
What do you do with it after the holidays?  A very hard and stall gingerbread house, you can't eat it.  At the end of the holidays (Epiphany for us), we drop it out of the second story window of our house onto the driveway.  The kids love to see it shatter.  Are they sad? No, there will be another one next year!
Guess who couldn't wait

How he loves to build

No need for Legos at Christmas

Busted, eating frosting

He keeps eating the frosting! Running out

Kids made Santa's village this year

Love the kids decorating! Bravo
Enjoy the blog. Come and join me.  Love new members!  Happy Holidays,  Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment