Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where's mom !!!

Starting up a shop at Etsy with curious little helpers can be an experience.   First I give thanks, oHHHH so much thanks to my family.  Talk about patience from my kids and especially my husband.  At first my kids were saying, does mom look a little frazzled or why is dad taking weird pictures of mom with one earring.  Now they say to their friends, "my dad is just taking a picture of that for mom's shop."

I have been a stay at home mom for about eight years and they have always had my full attention, but this other thing has arrived, THE SHOP.  I wasn't sure how it would work, I'm not super mom (I think so -this is the hubby-).  Let's just say it is time to work on the laundry and the house a bit more.  Going to the gym, OH, I forgot about that.  However, they think it is great that mom doesn't make them pick up their room at night.  Hah, wait till I finally get my act together.

It is funny how kids work.  One day I worked on my Etsy shop upstairs in the study to get out of their way.  So what do you think happened?  They packed up their toys and both headed for the study and set up to play.  My son closed the door and said "Mom you need company and let us know if you need some help."  Later, my husband sat down as well.  So from now on I work on the shop where they are and everyone gives me advice.  My kids are hoping a few things do not sell, they want them for their birthday.  By the way Miranda says "HI" and Chase says "Who are you talking to"!!!!  

You never imagine what is involved in starting up a shop.  Finding the treasures is the best part, then researching them is fun.  Cleaning if needed I find rewarding.  Then taking pictures of the items, after you are done, "Wow I had better retake every picture."  This was the hardest part, but I think I am finally getting there or should I say my husband (wait until I send my bill -again this is the hubby-).  He has taken over this part and I am happy to hand it over to him.  The posting of the items has been very time consuming (I have a old and slow computer).  Guess what I have learned, work on the household chores while the pictures are uploading.  The uploading takes forrrreverrrrr, not kidding.

All and all it has been fun, exciting and exhausting.  I have learned something amazing through this experience.  While I have not sold a lot (my husband says, be patient), my family thinks I have the best shop out there.  I have to agree, because they are a part of THE SHOP.
  
Mi Famila

1 comment:

  1. I can relate so perfectly! My husband and boys cannot seem to understand how in the world I can be spending so much time not paying attention to THEM! My husband and younger son will wander in and out trying to start a conversation. And so yes double tasking is KEY as if we moms didn't already know that! Anyway great Soviet items my son thinks he wants to learn Russian because he loves his simulated video game where he is a Russian general and I purchased some of your neat pins for him. Thanks for the blog and the Soviet items, keep them coming! Cheers, carohope

    ReplyDelete